If candlelit dinners, films, theatres and weekends away aren’t original enough, here are some other ideas:
- walk along the beach – even in winter this can be romantic, especially on a west coast when the sun is setting.
- boat trip – on a river, canal or the sea, either hire a boat for an hour or take a guided trip somewhere.
- the London Eye – fantastic views over London, and nothing to do but admire them for half an hour or so. If you met in London, can you see the place?
- breakfast picnic – why not get up early and go and watch the sun rise?
- fair or theme park – remember the waltzer? The Tunnel of Love? Go on, have a go!
- wildlife park or zoo – make sure they have your partner’s favourite animal there.
- museum or art gallery – have a gentle stroll around, just enjoying each other’s company in the quiet atmosphere, then share a pudding in the shop.
- go racing (horse or dogs!) – you have the full range to choose from,, dog track on a Thursday to Royal Ascot!
The most important thing is that you spend quality time together, having fun!